MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR, MARK
Mark was born in the North West of England and started skiing at an early age. Instantly drawn to skiing Mark became very passionate about all forms of skiing. When he joined the British Army he was appointed as a Military Ski Teacher and worked in Norway teaching Special Forces and supporting forces.
He raced in the Army and represented the British Army, sponsored by Volvo and Leyland DAF. During his time in the Army, Mark had won many races, especially downhill and Super G and in 1994 was Land UK Forces Champion.
He is now a fully qualified ISTD and when not instructing he's coaching young future Olympians from the oldest ski club in the world. He runs First Aid courses in the UK and Europe for all outdoor enthusiasts. Marks other passions involve his family, paragliding, sailing, motorcycling, cycling, cooking and travelling.
Been Skiing Since
Resorts worked in
The one Sentence you say the most in Winter
'The weather's going to be great this week, bring it on!!!'
- BASI LEVEL 4 (International Ski Teacher Diploma, ISTD)
- EMS Level 4 (European Mountain Security) Level 4
- UKCP Alpine Coach Level 2
- ISIA qualified - (International Ski Instructors' Association)
- Worked for ESF (Ecole de Ski France)
- Telemark Instructor
- Arctic Warfare Trained - MOD
- Arctic Survival Trained - MOD
- Mountain Leader Trained - MOD
- First Aid Trainer
- BSc - Mathematics and Systems Analysis
- GCGI - Graduate of City and Guilds Institute - Engineering Management